We support five liberation groups, bringing together BME (black and minority ethnic), women, LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer +), trans and non-binary people, and disabled students, to meet new people, build networks, and work on issues, campaigns and plans.
Five Liberation Officers - one for each group - are elected each year, and help to support and represent these groups within the Union and College. They are:
- Catriona Morton - Disabled Students' Officer
- Édaín Bradley - LGBTQ+ Officer
- Yasmin Metcalfe - Trans and Non-Binary Officer
- Bella Ozdemir - BME Officer
- International Students' Officer, Minho Kim. (There's no Women's Officer currently).
There is also a Liberation Room downstairs in the Students' Union Building, a space that anyone who is a part of these groups use. Our regular liberation coffee hours take place in this room.