Wherever you live, your accommodation is one of the most important parts of your life as a student and you should feel happy and safe living there. 

If you need help with housing issues, we recommend contacting University of London Housing Services. They can help on issues from contract checking to problems with your landlord. To help you get the right answer quicker, we also have a series of online help guides that provide support on many common housing issues.

We are unable to offer individual appointments or advice on individual cases relating to a housing issue.

Finding Somewhere To Live

The two main places that students can find somewhere to live are through the SU Housing Group on Facebook and the University of London Housing Service.

Getting Your Housing Contract Checked

The University of London Housing Service also offer a contract checking service. This is not something that we are able to offer at Goldsmiths, but the following documents provide guidance on many issues:

Council Tax

The majority of students at Goldsmiths will not have to pay Council Tax, but you will need to provide evidence to the Local Authority about your exemption status. Visit gov.uk to find out if you are exempt. This evidence you need can be found via My Goldsmiths. The Student Centre is able to stamp the letter if required.