We offer a confidential service for students who need support with academic appeals and complaints.

Contact the Advice Service

We offer a confidential service for students who need support with academic appeals and complaints.

This is a confidential service. Only the Goldsmiths Students' Union Advice Service and Data Protection Officer have access to your information. If you would like to discuss having your record stored as an anonymous case please contact advice@goldsmithssu.org for an initial conversation.

Some data will be anonymised and used for statistical analysis.

We are currently able to offer advice about the following issues: 

  • If you have been are or being withdrawn, dismissed or referred to Academic Progress Committee by the college or your academic department.
  • If you would like to make an appeal against a grade and have received the confirmed result (the transcript has been published). 
  • If you would like to make a stage 2 or stage 3 complaint. We ask that students who would like advice with a stage 2 complaint to draft the section entitled 'please explain the main points of your complaint; when these took place and who was involved' before your appointment with your adviser.  You can access the stage 2 complaint form here
  • If you have received an allegation of academic misconduct.
  • If you have been accused of a student conduct issue.

Please fill in the form so we can contact you, move your case forward and help in any way we can. A member of the Advice Service will respond within four working days.


First Name:



Email Address:


Course Title:


Year of Study:

Student Status:

Student Number


Brief Details of Your Enquiry:


Disability & Ethnicity:

We ask the following information so we can understand who uses our service to develop future advice provision which meets the needs of our service users. We will not use this information to identify you as an individual.

You are not obliged to answer any questions if you do not wish to do so. 


Do You Consider Yourself to Have a Disability? 

(The Equality Act 2010 defines disability as a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ effect on an individual’s ability to do normal daily activities. This definition of disability includes dyslexia and other learning disabilities as well as physical impairments). 

How Would You Describe Your Ethnic Origin?




We ask you to...

  • Treat us with respect

  • Tell us if you are unable to attend an appointment

  • Keep us informed of any changes that may affect your case

  • Tell us if it is unacceptable to telephone, email or send correspondence to your address (otherwise we will assume we can contact you using any contact details provided)

We will....

  • Explain your rights and advise on options.
  • Contact other parties on your behalf (with your permission)

  • Make every reasonable effort to contact you, but we will presume you no longer wish to use our service if you do not respond 

  • Keep a record of your case in line with data protection


   I agree to abide by the disclaimer above.

   I agree that the Advice Service can keep a record of my case.