The Talented Athlete Programme (TAP) is designed to give students the opportunity to develop their sporting performance alongside their academic studies. We are looking for students who already compete at a high level and have the desire & dedication to improve towards senior or International level (or equivalent) in their sport. The aim of the programme is to provide our students with financial support, reasonable academic flexibility and boost the profile of sport at Goldsmith.
What's On Offer
- A grant of up to £1000 (tailor made to suit the successful applicant - which will include competition entries, travel costs, equipment hire)
- Reasonable academic flexibility
- Free gym membership at Club Pulse Fitness
- Free Talented Athlete Goldsmiths Kit
- Social Media promotion throughout the year
Applications for the Talented Athlete Programme (TAP) MUST demonstrate the following:-
- Have been offered a place at the Goldsmiths University
- Have completed an application form
- Demonstrate the potential to compete a National or International level
- Compete in the British Universities & Colleges of Sport (BUCS) League in your sport (if offered by BUCS)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their coach and/or Governing Body of your sport to support your application.
A panel from staff from the Activities Department at the Student’s Union and an elected sabbatical officer with sit on the panel to choose the successful applications.
*We can currently offer 4 sport scholarship athletes for 2018.19. Please be aware we can close applications early once we have received suitable applicants.
• Compete for Goldsmiths in BUCS competition (if offered by BUCS)
• Compete in National/International events (if appropriate)
• Be actively involved in the Goldsmiths club related to their respective sport
• Pro-actively engage in marketing and promotional activities for Goldsmiths University for example Open Day
• Commit to specified ambassadorial activities for Goldsmiths Sports Coordinator
• Maintain and improve their current performance level (as described in the application)
Students not adhering to the Service Level Agreement above will have their award immediately cancelled at the discretion of the Activities Coordinator
If you fall ill or incur an injury during your award year, your award will be reviewed and support allocated based on your immediate needs.
How Can I Apply
You will need to complete the online application form.
If you've got any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.