The Covid-19 Student Hardship Fund is a temporary fund to support you if you’re facing hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, particularly where it is needed to support the continuation of study and successful outcomes.
You can get help with:
- Housing costs (e.g. a contribution towards rent arrears or overdue utility bills you cannot pay)
- Specialist equipment needed because you cannot access labs on campus
- Assistive technology
The maximum amount that can be awarded is £800. Each application is assessed on individual need and there is no guarantee that an award will be made.
Financial support will be prioritised for students who:
- Are estranged students and care leavers
- Entered higher education from supported housing or who are homeless
- Live in private rented accommodation
- Are clinically extremely vulnerable, shielding and unable to access teaching and related services remotely
- Have disabilities and are unable to access teaching and related services remotely
- Are student parents
- Are refugees or asylum seekers
Find out more and apply here.
There’s also a range of other financial support and advice available you to via this link.