The latest information on how Goldsmiths will be delivering teaching and services to students in 2021.
On 31 December the government issued new guidance over new Covid-19 restrictions for universities. These represent significant changes to the arrangements for the start of Spring term and face-to-face teaching that were previously communicated.
Read a letter to students from the universities minister about these changes.
Goldsmiths has reviewed its approach to Spring Term both in light of the new guidance and the Covid-19 situation and is putting in place a range of new measures to help us all play our part in stopping the spread of the virus.
- All face-to-face teaching is suspended until the week beginning 25 January 2021 at the earliest, and will now be delivered either online, or will be rescheduled to a later date
- Students who have not yet travelled back to their term-time address are encouraged to remain at their current location until the commencement of face-to-face teaching if it is possible and practicable to do so
- Departments are reviewing all face-to-face teaching for the Spring term – what this means for your programme of study will be shared by your department with you as soon as possible
- Students on placements such as PGCE will have arrangements confirmed by either your department or placement provider
- The campus reopens on 4 January with essential access to the library and other student services and facilities available for students in our halls of residences
- We are putting into place managed access to individual practice facilities like studios and labs for students who cannot undertake this practice away from campus
- Reviewing all risk assessments – with no face-to-face activities able to take place until these assessments have been updated by departments and mitigations put into place
- Ensuring sufficient support is in place, including for those with mental health issues, for all students whether in student accommodation or living elsewhere
- Introducing temporary changes to NHS Covd-19 testing on campus – balancing the need to reduce footfall on campus with providing testing for those who continue to access campus
NHS Covid-19 testing on campus
It is vital that we now prioritise testing for students and staff who have a critical need to access campus at the start of term.
If you plan to come to campus from Monday 4 January onwards you must follow our new instructions and get tested.
For more updates, or further information, please keep an eye on the University website.