We are launching Liberation Community Committees now!
We want YOU to be involved in our liberation activity - whether it’s deciding on campaigns, organising events during Liberation History Months or being a liberation rep for your club/society, it's time to get involved. Signing up to these committees means you will be the first to be consulted on change and be signed up to our liberation newsletter. The committee is commitment free, so you will be able to be involved in the projects that matter to YOU. So, if you self-identify as a BME, Woman, Disabled, Trans, LGBTQ or International student, read on...
The liberation reps will:
- Be elected voices in our Liberation Community Committee - for example, the "BME Rep for the Happy Calm Knitting Society"
- Help to organise activities in Liberation History Months specific to your group, for example, "LGBTQ+ Rep for Tabletop Gaming Society organises an LGBTQ+ Games night for LGBTQ+ History Month"
- Be consulted first when it comes to change and campaigning
- Automatically signed up to our Liberation Newsletter where we update you on activity that's happening in the SU and on campus
There is two ways to get involved:
- Sign up to be a member of the committee here. This means you represent yourself from your own liberation group (Open to join all year round!)
- To stand for a position go to the Societies, Sports Clubs and Communities List, click on the group you would like to run in the election for then nominate yourself for a position with a photo and 100 word manifesto. Nominations are open 29th April - 7th May (23:59)
If you have any questions, please email the Development and Communities Manager, Rachel@goldsmithssu.org