Close search

Introducing the SU Advice Service...

Everyone faces obstacles or barriers; if you encounter any during your time at university, talking to our Advice team might be the first step to get through them and continue at university successfully. 

The Advice Service is confidential and only the Advice team and the Data Protection Officer have access to your information. If you would like to discuss having your record stored as an anonymous case, please contact for an initial conversation.

So what can they help you with? 

The Advice Service are able to offer advice and support about the following issues: 

  • If you have been are or being withdrawn, dismissed or referred to Academic Progress Committee by the college or your academic department
  • If you would like to make an appeal against a grade and have received the confirmed result (the transcript has been published). 
  • If you would like to make a complaint. You can access the stage 2 complaint form here
  • If you have received an allegation of academic misconduct.
  • If you have been accused of a student conduct issue.

They have a form you can fill in via They will then contact you to move your case forward and help in any way they can. A member of the team will aim to respond to you within four working days.

Need other help? 

The Student Centre in the Richard Hoggart Building (RHB 117) is open to help with general advice, issues to do with enrolment, fees and assessments. But you should contact our Advice Service if you experience a problem on your course or have a complaint about how you have been treated. 

In an emergency or crisis

The College has an extensive list of people or organisations you can contact as soon as you are ready to talk. 

Alongside the emergency services at Lewisham Hospital, there are a range of options for local healthcare

If you are a victim of a hate crime 

We actively promote a community which is safe and supportive. The College is a third party hate crime reporting centre, and they are able to help you make a report in the Student Centre. You can also report via Lewisham Council but this information will not be passed onto Goldsmiths College or the Students' Union.

If your personal circumstances are affecting your wellbeing and/or your studies, take a look here:

Click here if you need help with reasonable adjustments, equipment or support to study effectively at Goldsmiths.

For emergency health and crisis support, we recommend this page:

Please contact the following services in an emergency:

Police/medical emergency: 999

Housing - Shelterline: 0808 800 4444

Samaritans: 116 123

NHS non-emergency: 111