This morning, the College sent out an email to you all containing information about their plans for the next academic year, and what you can expect from your University experience. You can find more details via this link.
In summary, this is what we understand so far:
- They aren’t delaying the start of term (other than by a week), so you will begin your studies from the 5th October 2020 with an online induction from 28th September 2020.
- They still plan to open accommodation.
- They've confirmed there will be a mixed method of delivering courses. Practice based courses will remain in person. Other courses are likely to include predominantly online elements.
- Campus will be operating in a controlled, socially distanced way. It is likely the capacity/maximum number of people in a building at one time will be monitored.
- However lots of staff still won’t be working on campus.
- Welcome Week and induction will be online this year.
What we still want to know:
- Course level information - and when you will receive details about what to expect.
- If the University building is open, what facilities will be available, i.e. the cafes or the Library?
- When should you expect to receive the next update on developments?