Is the TAP the next step for you?
The Talented Athlete Programme (TAP) supports the development of dedicated and ambitious athletes who have excelled at their sport at the national level.
What can we offer?
- A grant of up to £750 (tailored to suit successful applicants - for example, to fund competition entry fees, travel costs, or specialist equipment)
- Free Goldsmiths Yoga club membership
- Reasonable academic flexibility around your competition schedule
- Free Talented Athlete Goldsmiths apparel
- Media promotion on our digital channels
Applicants for the Talented Athlete Program must demonstrate the following:-
- Have been offered a place at Goldsmiths, University of London
- Have completed an application form
- Have a current place in a professional team or setting at National or International level (or be on course to do so, if you can demonstrate this in your application)
- Must compete in the British Universities & Colleges of Sport (BUCS) League in your sport (if offered by a current Goldsmiths Club) & compete for Goldsmiths at BUCS Nationals
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their coach and/or Governing Body, or related professional of your sport, to support your application.
Successful applicants for the Talented Athlete Programme commit to:
- Competing for Goldsmiths in BUCS league competition (if you participate in a BUCS club sport offered by Students' Union)
- Competing in BUCS Nationals (if appropriate)
- Being actively involved in the Goldsmiths club related to their respective sport
- Pro-actively engaging in marketing and promotional activities for Goldsmiths, such as College Open Days, Welcome Fair, and Varsity
- Taking part in ambassadorial activities for Sports Coordinator & submit monthly blog updates
- Maintaining and improving their current performance level (as described in the application)
If you fall ill or incur an injury during your award year, your award will be reviewed and support allocated based on your immediate needs.
Students not adhering to the Service Level Agreement above may have their award immediately cancelled at the discretion of the Sports Coordinator and award panel team.
A panel from staff from the Communities & Development team at the SU and an elected sabbatical officer will form a panel to choose the successful applicants.
We can have up to four sport scholarship athletes for the 2023.24 academic year.
Applications may close once we have received a sufficient number of eligible applications.
How can you apply?
You will need to complete an application form.
If we recieve more than 4 suitable applicants we will invite all candidates for an informal interview before we make the decision. If you have any questions please email Tolu, the Sports Development Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to the Talented Athletes Programme