Close search

Student Life Support

Information on student issues regarding bank account advice, tax and medical care.

The Student Centre in the Richard Hoggart Building (RHB 117) is open to help with general advice, issues to do with enrolment, fees and assessments. You should contact our Advice Service if you experience a problem on your course or have a complaint about how you have been treated. 

You can find some information below about other places that can help if you have a question about your life as a student.

Opening a bank account as an international student

UKCISA provide a comprehensive guide on the factors you need to think about when you open a bank account. 

In an emergency or crisis

The College has an extensive list of people or organisations you can contact as soon as you are ready to talk. 

Alongside the emergency services at Lewisham Hospital, there are a range of options for local healthcare

If you are a victim of a Hate Crime 

We actively promote a community which is safe and supportive. The College is a third party hate crime reporting centre, and they are able to help you make a report in the Student Centre. You can also report via Lewisham Council but this information will not be passed onto Goldsmiths College or the Students' Union.

We recommend the below university services for further support: 

If your personal circumstances are affecting your wellbeing and/or your studies, take a look here. 

Click here if you need help with reasonable adjustments, equipment or support to study effectively at Goldsmiths. 

For emergency health and crisis support, we recommend this page.