Close search

Student Complaints

Find out how to make a complaint if you are dissatisfied with part of your student experience.

We hope that you have an excellent time at Goldsmiths,
but if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your student experience
you can raise it via the Goldsmiths complaints process.

Please read the following guide below explaining how to navigate this process.

Find out more


Notice - September 2022

We’re working hard to respond to enquiries within four working days. However, please note that we are experiencing a high volume of enquiries, and it may take up to one week for our advisers to respond.

Who can raise a student complaint?

If you’re an enrolled or interrupted student, you are able to raise a complaint. You should raise your complaint within three-months of the problem.
Former students and graduates can also make a complaint under this procedure, but be sure to raise the complaint within two months of leaving Goldsmiths.

What can I raise a student complaint about?

  • Academic complaints, such as concerns about module delivery, administration, teaching or feedback
  • Personal complaints about a member of staff, or another student or group of students
  • Non-academic and non-personal complaints relating to accommodation, or general non-academic or professional services
  • Harassment, bullying or discrimination in any form. There is a special procedure called Report and Support for sexual violence

Find out more about what you can and can’t raise a complaint for.

How do I raise a student complaint?

  • Stage one: front-line resolution. Discuss your complaint with your personal tutor, the member of staff involved, departmental senior tutor or service manager to try to solve the issue locally. If this can’t be resolved, you can move onto;
  • Stage two: formal complaint. Submit a Stage Two Complaint Form, setting out your complaint in full and attaching any relevant evidence. If you are unhappy with your stage two outcome, you can move onto;
  • Stage 3: review. If your complaint meets a specific set of criteria, you can escalate this to a review within one month of receiving the outcome from your stage two complaint.

If you still feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint at stage three, you can take your case to the Ombudsman for student complaints, the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.

Find out more about the College's student complaints process here.

How can we help?

Our friendly advisers are available to support you by:

  • Talking you through the College’s complaints process
  • Exploring the merits of your complaint and evidence to support this
  • Advising you on key points and evidence to include in your complaint, and providing feedback before this is submitted
  • Helping you to make sense of the College’s response to your complaint, and supporting you through the next steps if you are dissatisfied

To get in touch, fill out this short form or click the button below.


Get support from the SU Advice Service

Contact Details