Talented Athlete Programme
What we offer?
- A grant of up to £1000 (tailor made to suit successful applicant - which will include competition entries, travel costs, equipment hire)
- Reasonable academic flexibility
- Free gym membership at Club Pulse Fitness
- Free Talented Athlete Goldsmiths Kit
- Media promotion
Applications for the Talented Athlete Program (TAP) MUST demonstrate the following:-
- Have been offered a place at the Goldsmiths University
- Have completed an application form
- Demonstrate the potential to compete a National or International level
- Compete in the British Universities & Colleges of Sport (BUCS) League in your sport (if offered by BUCS)
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their coach and/or Governing Body of your sport to support your application.
A panel from staff from the Activities Department at the Student’s Union and an elected sabbatical officer with sit on the panel to choose the successful applications.
Deadline for applications is the Friday 30th June 2016
*We can currently only sponsor 3 sport scholarship athletes per year. We can close applications early once we have received suitable applicants.
• Compete for Goldsmiths in BUCS competition
• Compete in National/International events (if appropriate)
• Be actively involved in the Goldsmiths club related to their respective sport
• Pro-actively engage in marketing and promotional activities for Goldsmiths University for example Open Day
• Commit to specified ambassadorial activities for Activities Coordinator
• Maintain and improve their current performance level (as described in the application)
• Students not adhering to the Service Level Agreement above will have their award immediately cancelled at the discretion of the Activities Coordinator
• If you fall ill or incur an injury during your award year, your award will be reviewed and support allocated based on your immediate needs.
How Can I Apply
You will need to complete an application form and submit your Goldsmiths student ID number.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org