What can we offer?
A grant of up to £750 (tailor made to suit successful applicant - which can include competition entries, travel costs, specialist equipment
Reasonable academic flexibility (around your competition / tournament schedule
Free Talented Athlete Goldsmiths Apparrel
Media promotion on our various paltforms
Applications for the Talented Athlete Program (TAP) MUST demonstrate the following:-
- Have been offered a place at the Goldsmiths University
- Have completed an application form
- Have a current place in a professional team / setting at National or International level (or be on course to do so, must demonstrate in application)
- Must compete in the British Universities & Colleges of Sport (BUCS) League in your sport (if offered by a current Goldsmiths Club) & compete for Goldsmiths at BUCS Nationals
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their coach and/or Governing Body of your sport to support your application.
A panel from staff from the Communities & Development team at the Student’s Union and an elected sabbatical officer with sit on the panel to choose the successful applicants.
Deadline for applications is Friday 27th November 2020.
We can have up to 4 sport scholarship athletes for the 2020.21 academic year. Applications can close early once we have received suitable applicants.
• Compete for Goldsmiths in BUCS competition (if you participate in a BUCS sport)
• Compete in BUCS Nationals (if appropriate)
• Be actively involved in the Goldsmiths club related to their respective sport
• Pro-actively engage in marketing and promotional activities for Goldsmiths University for example; Open Days, Welcome Fair, Varsity
• Commit to specified ambassadorial activities for Sports Coordinator & submit monthly blog updates
• Maintain and improve their current performance level (as described in the application)
If you fall ill or incur an injury during your award year, your award will be reviewed and support allocated based on your immediate needs.
Students not adhering to the Service Level Agreement above will have their award immediately cancelled at the discretion of the Sports Coordinator and award panel team.
How Can I Apply
You will need to complete an application form and submit your Goldsmiths student ID number. If you have any questions please email the Sports Development Coordinator: email@example.com