What can we offer?
- A grant of up to £750 (tailor made to suit successful applicant - which can include competition entries, travel costs, specialist equipment)
- Access to certified strength and conditioning trainer
- Free Goldsmiths Yoga club membership
- Reasonable academic flexibility (around your competition / tournament schedule
- Free Talented Athlete Goldsmiths Apparrel
- Media promotion on our various paltforms
Applications for the Talented Athlete Program (TAP) MUST demonstrate the following:-
- Have been offered a place at Goldsmiths University
- Have completed an application form
- Have a current place in a professional team / setting at National or International level (or be on course to do so, must demonstrate in application)
- Must compete in the British Universities & Colleges of Sport (BUCS) League in your sport (if offered by a current Goldsmiths Club) & compete for Goldsmiths at BUCS Nationals
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their coach and/or Governing Body of your sport to support your application.
• Will compete for Goldsmiths in BUCS league competition (if you participate in a BUCS club sport offered by Students' Union)
• Will compete in BUCS Nationals (if appropriate)
• Will be actively involved in the Goldsmiths club related to their respective sport
• Will pro-actively engage in marketing and promotional activities for Goldsmiths University for example; College Open Days, Welcome Fair, Varsity
• Will commit to specified ambassadorial activities for Sports Coordinator & submit monthly blog updates
• Will maintain and improve their current performance level (as described in the application)
If you fall ill or incur an injury during your award year, your award will be reviewed and support allocated based on your immediate needs.
Students not adhering to the Service Level Agreement above will have their award immediately cancelled at the discretion of the Sports Coordinator and award panel team.
A panel from staff from the Communities & Development team at the Student’s Union and an elected sabbatical officer with sit on the panel to choose the successful applicants. We can have up to 4 sport scholarship athletes for the 2020.21 academic year. Applications can close once we have received eligible applications.
How Can You Apply?
You will need to complete an application form. If we recieve more than 4 suitable applicants we will invite all candidates for an informal interview before we make the decision. If you have any questions please email the Sports Development Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org